Last day of summer vacation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
aka stock up on your super cedars

Fawn Lake
Dupont State Forest

Attachments

• summer.jpg
    summer.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 563
Oh boy, that looks like fun!

You can't swim in that!

There's fish and bugs in there.

Ah, youth! It's getting more and more difficult to remember. :-/ Rick

btuser said:
You can't swim in that!

There's fish and bugs in there.

One of the girls was like that!! Freaking out from the fish and the bugs. city kid. Heck my own kid can be like that. I'm like "who is your mom???" I'm only afraid of things like luekemia. Bugs, nah.

I love this pic because it is timeless to me. Carefree kids at the lake on a late summer afternoon. They had so much fun. As did I. You have to hike in about a mile to this lake, so most people either don't know about it or don't want to make the hike. Lovely.

But ya just don't understand Kat. A mile from the road? No life guards? Nobody to provide emergency services. Well, except for mom who would be in the water in a hearbeat.

Glad the kids have you and that place for a great time.

Timeless, indeed. Youth, captured. Find a way to bottle that, and I'll buy some.
Looks like a screen shot from a movie.
Went to Cali in July and got a chance to go to the ocean for a swim (never been before). I felt like a kid again,........until we got back to the daughters house. :ahhh:

"We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there -- there you could look at a thing monstrous and free."

Fish and bugs. Yuck! Next thing you'll be letting the kids eat blueberries off the bush, without washing them, and without passing around the hand sanitizer. How do you even know those are really blueberries? OOHHHH I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!

fossil said:
Ah, youth! It's getting more and more difficult to remember. :-/ Rick

Yes, that was a while ago but it is good seeing youth enjoying themselves. Sort of nice thinking back too.

No pools in my neck of the woods - so we lake swim too. Water was starting to cool a bit - the last time. Fall's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.