Latest score and ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggans

Oct 11, 2009
Michigan
Is this Cherry?

Attachments

• IMG_4126.jpg
    IMG_4126.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4127.jpg
    IMG_4127.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4128.jpg
    IMG_4128.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 288
ggans said:
Will it smell good when it burns?

You could use some of that in the bbq.

Definitely cherry . . . based on the leaves, bark and then the cherry fruit.

Smells great when split . . . burns good . . . as for the smell . . . you might smell it some . . . if you are outside and the smoke is just right . . . or maybe it's just wrong . . . generally I don't smell too much smoke outside unless the inversion deal or wind is just right/wrong and the smoke is lingering/blown down to the ground . . . if you're smelling smoke while burning wood inside I would say it's time for a new woodstove or you should be looking at why your house is being filled with smoke as this would not be normal.

I would say that is definitely Black Cherry, the biggest and best of the cherries.

Cherry. Good stuff!

Yes ggans, we are blessed with lots of that cherry here in MI. It burns nice and does not take a long time to season once it has been split. Cut one winter, burn it the next.

Yep, like everybody said, cherry. I love to grill over it, & the wife loves the smell of a cherry fire. Good all around wood, & a already stated, plenty hear in MI, & seasons quickly. Enjoy it! A C

Cherry.. Yum!!

My favorite firewood from my open fireplace days. Now with the stove I will often pop the door open for a bit when burning cherry just to let some of that heavenly smell into the house..

Why should my downwind neighbors have all the fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.