Leaf blower cleaning....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1959

Dec 29, 2009
Maryland
What Make,Model leaf blower is everyone using to clean with... I have an old Craftsman, That I have not tried yet, but even at high speed it just does not feel like it has enough suction to do anything. It does blow leaves good so I wont get rid of it. maybe just purchae another one.

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 331
Never used it on my stove but it would pull the paint off the walls if I wanted.
I paid around $60 shipped for mine a few years ago. Here's a link to it:
Toro Ultra.

I'm using the same one Xena is using. Works great!

using an old Craftsman.............works great

Most gas units don't have the appropriate intake for use as a pellet stove cleaner. Electric ones do.

I did this t mine yesterday as a matter of fact.

The leafblower HAS to have the vacuum option in order to work. We all say Leafblower Trick, but in reality, we are actually sucking out the vent from outside.

I have a Troy-Bilt unit (electric) 240 MPH and 450 CFM. Does a very good job....

Taking the exhaust (blower) extension off made mine suck much stronger. It narrows down to get the velocity for blowing, but reduces the overall cubic feet per minute. That's what makes the LBT so effective - lots of CFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.