Leaky door gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ridemgis

Feeling the Heat
Like so many of the crazy new stove owners here, I couldn't resist a real fire (following a couple of break-ins) once the hot weather passed and temps dropped all the way into the mid-60s.

Looking at the video below, it seems there's a bit of air fueling a "secondary" burn along the right side of the front door. I can't pull a dollar bill through there so I don't know if it really matters or not. More of a curiousity really for this first time wood burner.

Thanks
PJ

Check the glass gasket in that area.Sometimes it slips out and is not between the glass and the door frame.

If you can't find an obvious leak then perhaps it is simply due to the way the wood is loaded, the lack of uniformity in the wood, etc. Fires are never perfectly simmetrical. That is a pretty nice fire considering it is warm outside and your draft is not what it will be in cold weather.

Thanks Begreen, I will check that out.

Wood Duck - No question, the stove draws well. The break-in fires happened in +90 degree, high humidity conditions. Much as I love summer, I'm really looking forward to what this stove will do on a cold winter day.

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.