1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Length of Wood for EKO 25 and 40

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by trehugr, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trehugr

trehugr New Member

Loc:
    Greenwood, Maine
    To those of you with either a EKO 25 or 40, at what length are you cutting your firewood. Felling several trees today.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bob Rohr

Bob Rohr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Missouri
    18 - 20 inches fits well. 24" won't fit in without tipping it in. Gauge it with the length of your chainsaw bar.

hr
  3. trehugr

trehugr New Member

Loc:
    Greenwood, Maine
    Not doubting you hr, but it says the max wood length is 20" for the 25 and 40. Just making sure I get it right the first time. (I cut it twice and its still to short :)
  4. Bob Rohr

Bob Rohr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Missouri
    I don't know about the 25, but I measured my 40. Error on the safe side. I can get up to 30" in mine if you set them in them long way. Closing the door can be a hassle if they tip :)

hr
  5. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    Longer sizes will go in but the factory specks it to 2in less on both ends. Thats so you get a better air flow I quess. Cut it to 20in and you will be safe incase you miss cut once in a while.
    leaddog
  6. trehugr

trehugr New Member

Loc:
    Greenwood, Maine
    hr, leaddog, thanks. It was nice post-holeing around the yard in 4' of snow. At least I don't have to fix the grass.
  7. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    I've been cutting mine to 21", with the expected variation. Over 23" has to go diagonal, so I try to avoid that. On mine, the inlet ducts take up a bit on each side, so you'd need something a bit less to fit right against the sides. I like to leave a little space there, so I don't care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.