Length of Wood for EKO 25 and 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trehugr

Dec 16, 2007
Greenwood, Maine
To those of you with either a EKO 25 or 40, at what length are you cutting your firewood. Felling several trees today.

Not doubting you hr, but it says the max wood length is 20" for the 25 and 40. Just making sure I get it right the first time. (I cut it twice and its still to short :)

I don't know about the 25, but I measured my 40. Error on the safe side. I can get up to 30" in mine if you set them in them long way. Closing the door can be a hassle if they tip :)

hr

Longer sizes will go in but the factory specks it to 2in less on both ends. Thats so you get a better air flow I quess. Cut it to 20in and you will be safe incase you miss cut once in a while.
leaddog

hr, leaddog, thanks. It was nice post-holeing around the yard in 4' of snow. At least I don't have to fix the grass.

I've been cutting mine to 21", with the expected variation. Over 23" has to go diagonal, so I try to avoid that. On mine, the inlet ducts take up a bit on each side, so you'd need something a bit less to fit right against the sides. I like to leave a little space there, so I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.