Let me know your opinion about your heartstone Bennington ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basandro

Dec 18, 2012
italy
I want to know how much wood (kg) it is possible to load in the firebox of the bennington stove?
my english is not so good.
if you can answer in italian or german its better :)..thanks a lot.

This stove will hold 2.5 cu ft of wood. The weight will depend on the type of wood, but a load of hardwood will be around 22kg.

2.5 cubic feet (.071 cubic meters) or 50 pounds of wood (The amount and weight of wood contained per cubic foot of firebox volume can vary from 15 to 36 lbs. per cubic foot depending on type of wood, moisture content, packing density and other factors.

2,5 Kubikfuß (.071 Kubikmeter) oder 50 Pfund Holz (die Menge und das Gewicht des Holzes enthalten pro Kubikfuß Fireboxvolumen können von 15 bis 36 lbs sich unterscheiden. pro Kubikfuß abhängig von Art des Holzes, des Feuchtigkeitsgehaltes, der Informationsdichte und anderer Faktoren.

22 kg is very much ,the seller in italy said 9 kg..maximum because when you full more the stove will be overloaded
its is possible?
i think they don't have so much experience with this kind of stoves.

at the beginning of firing there are rumors on the heat exchanger.
it is normal?
to make it less i must close all the primary air ,maybe too much draft in the chimney?

maybe some bennington users have experience?

Haben Sie das Handbuch. Ich zitiere Sie vom OfenBenutzerhandbuch

You don't want to run the stove with the air open very much. That will waste wood. It is ok to shut the air all the way down. The fire will still get some secondary air. It's ok to run the stove with a 9kg load of wood. 22kg is its maximum capacity of heavy hard wood like locust. A full load of pine might only weigh 15kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.