Lignetics "Pres-to-Logs" Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddy1971

Jul 10, 2008
Orange County NY
I just Purchased 4 Tons of "Pres-to-Logs" Pellets from lowes. They cost me $264/ton delivered. Does anyone know if the pres-to-logs pellets are as good as the other lignetics pellets? They are made by the same company. www.lignetics.com

I just posted this comment this week on another thread. I also could of had a bad batch so it's hard to judge only burning 6 bags.

I’ve tried these Presto Log Pellets last year. I picked up 6 bags from a Lowes in Pennsylvania. I was not impressed at all. Given the price though, they are a real good buy. I am not sure if they are the same quality of Lignetics, even though the the bag indicated manufactured by Lignetics. On the Forum it is hard to find a complaint on Lignetics so that makes me wonder if these are the same quality as the rest of the Lignetic pellets on the market. Overall HIGH ash and middle of the road heat output.

poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook said:
i'd guess maybe not= why did lignetics change the name of the pellet? or maybe theyre exparimenting with a new pellet

Why does ANY company sell the exact same items under different names???? The more different names, the more sales would be my guess. Englander, Timber Ridge, Summers Heat......Lopi, Avalon......Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet.....Ford, Mercury.......ProPellet, Pot O Gold......you get the idea....it makes people THINK they have different choices, which they generally like.

And PoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooK, can you shorten the name....it screws-up my forum view.....thanks bud.

macman said:
i'd guess maybe not= why did lignetics change the name of the pellet? or maybe theyre exparimenting with a new pellet

Why does ANY company sell the exact same items under different names???? The more different names, the more sales would be my guess. Englander, Timber Ridge, Summers Heat......Lopi, Avalon......Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet.....Ford, Mercury.......ProPellet, Pot O Gold......you get the idea.

And PoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooK, can you shorten the name....it screws-up my forum view.....thanks bud.
it dont mine but how many o do u want

4 or 5 would be just fine...thank you. :cheese:

ditto....that username is just tooooooooooo looooooong..........

Teddy1971 said:
I just Purchased 4 Tons of "Pres-to-Logs" Pellets from lowes. They cost me $264/ton delivered. Does anyone know if the pres-to-logs pellets are as good as the other lignetics pellets? They are made by the same company. www.lignetics.com

I saw that Lowes lowered the price on their pellets. I went to the nearest lowes and they made the price ajustment. Now it comes out to be 239/ton delivered. That is $10 less than what I paid last year. I'm glad I didn't bite the bullit and bouth them in the middle od summer. BTW oil is going for $2.15/gallon in my area. Hopefully I can get by with 300 gallons like I did last winter.

Took the plunge and bought 5 tons at Home Depot yesterday. $229 per ton for the Pres- to- Logs.
2 weeks ago bought 5 tons of Corinths from All Star in Salem, MA $250 per ton. I think I'm set for this season and more.

Picked up another ton (Greene Team) to put me @ 5 Tons for the coming winter. Still Averages out to be $231 per ton. Those stores still charging $280 Plus must be nuts. I getting a delivery of oil next week (About 250 Gallons @ 2.15/gallon).

Was walking by a pile of “Pres-to-Logs” at Lowes yesterday and saw a split bag with some spillage. They do not look like the Lignetcs I burned last year. They seemed darker and less consistent in length. It will be interesting to see how people like them this year, I may grab a few test bags myself.

Groundhog said:
....... I may grab a few test bags myself.

I always do that when I run across a pellet brand that I haven't burned....I get 3 bags to test. I think that besides the Lignetics and NEWP that were my main supply last winter, I probably test burned 4 or 5 other brands. I made some notes on each, so in the future, I can refresh my (swiss cheese) memory if there's a deal on them down the road.

Remember, "knowledge is power!"

Though I was told I could not use coupons on top of the Lowes deal I received. I stopped by my local Lowes store and tried it anyway. And guess what? It worked. The customer service person took an additional 10% off the pellet deal I received. This brought by total to $212/ton delivered for 5 Tons. By the way I noticed that the Dry Creek pellets that I had from last year do not appear as hardwood or softwood (the bag just said wood). This is the brand that I used mostly last winter (With two tons of Lignetics). The Lignetics were much hotter that the Dry Creek. I will use the remaining bags in October before it gets really cold. Hopefully the "Pres-to-Logs" are better than the Dry Creek.

"Dry Creek" was the best I used last season. I was bummed when the local dealer told me that they're no longer available. (out of business!).

I just spoke to my local Agway to find out if they had Dry Creek in stock. They said they had plenty but they were charging $310/ton pickup only.

glad to hear that this was incorrect info. Even if I can't get them this year...maybe some time in the future.

I had to go to Kmart today. As I was walking around, I came across Pres to logs pellets. Kmart has never had pellets before. I bought 3 bags to try out.

chrisasst said:
I had to go to Kmart today. As I was walking around, I came across Pres to logs pellets. Kmart has never had pellets before. I bought 3 bags to try out.

I've only burned a single bag thus far. They seem pretty good. The glass is definitly not as dirty as it was with the fireside ultras I burned last season.

My Kmart still has lay-a-way. I wonder if I can put pellets on lay-a-way?

chrisasst said:

Now that is def a sign of the times

chrisasst said:
I don't see why not....call them and ask if there are any "limits" to what you can lay-away.

Status
Not open for further replies.