like the Stove temp flame better.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
After running a Harman P61A in room temp/auto for past couple months.,
Not crazy about the " High flame, Low flame, No flame procedure but I do understand this how it works with Room temp probe..keeps the house warm...73.
decided to try stove temp/auto as my dealer mentioned when temps are constant 40 degrees or lower 24/7.
what I noticed was what I call the " BlowTorch flame", which is little blue at the bottom and piercing straight up/down white/yellow flame... Appears to be lot more constant than when in Room temp although I assume this is what happens when probe temp is met and flames start to nose dive for a while..
Also seem to have less Ash buildup in front of the burn pot... Don't appear to be usi:ng more pellets this way
but I do like the constant steady heat and the flame couldn't be any stronger looking..
Btw: finding out that Stove Chows are a very underated pellet, probably because Home Depot sells them, but having ton of them, 229.00 and a Ton of Energex hardwood premiums 259.00., the chows are a hotter I think but ashier than the Energex...clean the stove every 7 days so ash in no problem...chows seem to last longer per bag maybe due to longer pellets.?..anyways, think I'll stay with Stove mode/Auto till the weather starts to climb in the afternoon [which can't friggin come soon enough]..

Last edited:
Yea I was experimenting with my p35i.i noticed on room temp it eats lots of pellets I'm also not crazy about the igniter going on and off. How ever on nights that are not bad I used the room temp.Stove mode if I have it on low it doesn't do much for warming.in med or high wrk great. Also it eats less pellets than room temp.my green supremes are ashy as heck.i do 7 day cleanings as well so not a issue.

Tried mine on stove temp for first time last night as well, like the consistency vs the room temp mode

Yea I was experimenting with my p35i.i noticed on room temp it eats lots of pellets I'm also not crazy about the igniter going on and off. How ever on nights that are not bad I used the room temp.Stove mode if I have it on low it doesn't do much for warming.in med or high wrk great. Also it eats less pellets than room temp.my green supremes are ashy as heck.i do 7 day cleanings as well so not a issue.
I run the fan on medium then move it up to 3/4 mark after sun goes down....
side note:
my HD got a shipment of 22 pallets Green Supremes on Monday.. I was there on Wenesday for other stuff and asked if Stove Chows we're coming in again.
said they sold all 22 tons of GS in 2 days...I am assuming the raid was Not due to GS pellets as much as the fact that they had pellets period. HD had sold all the're stock and was out for a week.. told me to call every day to see if Stove Chows [or any Pellets] get delivered to the store..
they had Presto Logs pellets last month but I saw a busted bag and they looked like cheap broken up Dog food kibble...lol Now that's the crap that I won't use even for free...Harman or no Harman.

side note:
my HD got a shipment of 22 pallets Green Supremes on Monday.. I was there on Wenesday for other stuff and asked if Stove Chows we're coming in again.
said they sold all 22 tons of GS in 2 days...I am assuming the raid was Not due to GS pellets as much as the fact that they had pellets period. HD had sold all the're stock and was out for a week.. told me to call every day to see if Stove Chows [or any Pellets] get delivered to the store..
they had Presto Logs pellets last month but I saw a busted bag and they looked like cheap broken up Dog food kibble...lol Now that's the crap that I won't use even for free...Harman or no Harman.
IT might be a small hike , but courtlands in Bel air MD seemed to have a good stock of several types of pellets
just picked up a ton of awf softies for $278 http://courtlandhearth.com/pellets/

all I have ever used is stove temp. I find it to be much more consistent in heating the house.

side note:
Yea last year I was the guy loading up my envoy with a half ton then going back and forth. Then some sold out so travling it was a pain.This round I did the $65 delivery fee at home-depot and got 3 tons around October.Took me almost 3 hours to load in my basement. So next time I will cross my fingers I get to choose. Instead of only having a choice of GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.