Ok I just did a reload and got up to step down the air and I noticed a strange smell. I got a flashlight and looked inside the fireplace and saw whisps of white smoke only with the flashlight. I got the wifes hand mirror and looked up the chimney and saw more "smoke" and also some pieces of slightly charred insulation on the smoke shelf and fireplace floor. I ran outside and looked up at the chimney no smoke no flames nothing. I go back inside and look up again now theres no smoke everything looks fine and normal. What could be happening is it possible that the liner is just heating up and steaming a little? Could there be a fire up in the chimney where I cant see it? I've noticed something like this before but dismissed it because I had just had the stove door open.