Locating replacement fan for 1980s Superior/Heatform

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wsbsmith

Dec 2, 2021
Columbia, MO
Hello everyone,

My condo was built in 1989 and the fireplace uses a Heatform-type air circulator. One of the fans doesn’t work, and I’d like to go ahead and replace both.

My problem is that the standard “universal” fans that I’m finding have 4” blades and four 4.25” OC bolt holes. My fan (pictured below) has 6” blades and a single pair of brackets with 7.25” OC bolt holes (when measured across the fan). I’ve attached an image of the sticker that was on the fan.

Does anyone have any tips for locating fans like this? I’ve been searching for hours.

F99C3DBD-0E59-44F0-8B89-D5672AE1B148.jpeg24637DA0-C044-4896-96CE-DE3CA1EADA3C.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, don’t tell my wife (because she doesn’t know), but I’m an idiot. A little bit of cleaning and lubrication got the 1989 fan motor working again. I’ll still look into the other options in case the original decides to quit for good.

• Haha
Reactions: moresnow