1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Location of test hole M55 Cast Help

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by RCR, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RCR

RCR New Member

Received a manometer this week and have the stove cranking on high at the moment. I have searched a ton of threads. I can only find the hole that exists on the side of the ash pan. Is this the best to test? I saw a post about a hole above the door but I can find or dont have one. Thanks in advance

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. skinanbones

skinanbones Member

Loc:
    Ontario
    the hole at the side of the ash pan will work fine or if you have a small diameter metal end for your hose you can shut the door on that
  3. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    The owner's manual (pg. 9) states to to use 1/8 inch hole on the right side of the ash pan....so you should be all set.
  4. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    your owners manual is you friend.read it from cover to cover
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Naw, can't be .
  6. Woody1911a1

Woody1911a1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Marblehead , Ma
    that is "the" place to test . vacuum off the vacuum switch line will give you an erroneous reading .

download the manual from enviro and this maybe ?is the stove where the manual is wrong about the side of the stove that the port (hole) is on :)