Looking for a good wood stove dealer in the SE WI area.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker62

Jan 29, 2012
Kenosha, WI.
I am looking to move my Harman Pellet stove into my basement rec room and add a wood stove in its place. I would like to find a good reputable dealer for sales and service/install in the area. I have 4-5 with in 40 miles but dont know which one is decent . Anyone have experience with any in this area.

Welcome to the forum smoker62.

I don't know particularly about dealers in your area but Woodstock sells all over. They do not install though but you do not have to have a dealer do the install no matter which stove you buy and many times you are better off not having a dealer do the install.

It might help others with this thread if you post some particulars about your home. What size home or how many square feet you have to heat. Good luck on your search.

Also, I can not leave this post without saying that you should have next year's wood already cut, split and stacked. It is the number one problem with folks moving to wood heat in that they usually install the stove and then think about the fuel. Wood needs time to dry. Mother Nature is your friend, if you let her be. Split and stack the wood in the wind for best drying.

smoker62 said:
I am looking to move my Harman Pellet stove into my basement rec room and add a wood stove in its place. I would like to find a good reputable dealer for sales and service/install in the area. I have 4-5 with in 40 miles but dont know which one is decent . Anyone have experience with any in this area.

Grass Roots Energy in Wauconda, IL was recommended to me by a friend. Don't have a wood stove yet, but I've been there twice and they were very helpful in answering my dumb questions. It's on the East side of Rt. 12 just North of Bonner Rd.

Thanks Backwoods, I was a member a few years back but drifted off the forum with other things going on. Guess I have been off too long and lost my spot. Too bad , I was looking for an old pic I put up a while back and some old posts to bring back some old acquaintances.

Any whooo , I have access to seasoned wood. My cousin is a wood whore . He has stacks and stacks of seasoned wood. As long as I replace it the same year I can swap green for seasoned . By the time I get this done I will be able to harvest all summer .

dorkweed said:
smoker62 said:

Grass Roots Energy in Wauconda, IL was recommended to me by a friend. Don't have a wood stove yet, but I've been there twice and they were very helpful in answering my dumb questions. It's on the East side of Rt. 12 just North of Bonner Rd.

Thanks !

i have the same setup ...pellet stove in basement, insert upstairs ....this place was great...
american heritage fireplace
4475 s. 13th street
milwaukee wi.
414-281-4203

i hope its ok to post this, any question let me know
cary

Status
Not open for further replies.