1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking for info on Jamestown J2000

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jadegb, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadegb

jadegb New Member

Loc:
    new hampshire
    Anyone out there own a stove like this? Just looking for some info on some of the noises it makes and wondering if anyone knows a decent place to get parts.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Can you give any more info, such as stove type (pellet, cordwood, other?) when you think it was made, and ideally a picture?

Gooserider
  3. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Its a medium sized pellet stove made sometime in the late 90's I would imagine. I owned the larger model, so if you describe noises I might be able to help. As far as parts though, you'll have to wait for the other pellet people to chime in or google it.
  4. jadegb

jadegb New Member

Loc:
    new hampshire
    It is a J2000 made around 1992 and the noise seems to be coming from the fan near the circuit boards. I feel a bit like click and clack here but the noise sounds like a small winding rattle that, over time, graduates to a full blown whistle.

Thanks in advance.
  5. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Forgive me, because I don't exactly remember what components they use, but is it a blower that requires periodic oiling? Hinge open the side cover and take a peak to see if there are oil ports for the blower.
  6. jadegb

jadegb New Member

Loc:
    new hampshire
    Hi Corie------I looked and there are no oil ports. I was able to see that the motor is made by dayton and the model # is 4C442. Hoping that you can still help.

Thanks!
  7. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Well I know at least one place you can buy that motor, but that is a stock grainger number as well. You'll have no trouble finding a replacement. We use that blower in one of our stoves, so you know you can always get it from us.
  8. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Thanks for the help Corie, I thought it was a pellet stove, but wasn't sure. Now that I know, I've bumped the thread over to the Pellet Mill, hopefully the folks there will be even more helpful.

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.