Looks like tonight is the night for a first fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
The weather for my region is calling for a low of 46 tonight, and it was only in the sixties today for the high. Looks like its time for the first fire that is actually necessary. I've lit a few curing fires to take care of the paint, firebricks and steel, but I think we may actually get to build one for real tonight.

I'll snap some pics and post them up.

Also, picking up the new puppy tonight, so it will definitely be a nice night in Amherst, VA.

I will hold off then. I don't think the state can take two 30s burning at the same time just yet.

Had my first fire last night, it got down to 42 last night and house temp was 63. Didn't burn very long though the house got up to 74 in no time, ended up opening some windows.

Corie said:
The weather for my region is calling for a low of 46 tonight, and it was only in the sixties today for the high. Looks like its time for the first fire that is actually necessary. I've lit a few curing fires to take care of the paint, firebricks and steel, but I think we may actually get to build one for real tonight.

Also, picking up the new puppy tonight, so it will definitely be a nice night in Amherst, VA.
First fire and a new puppy! You're a lucly man Corrie!

I had one last night to take the edge off and I've got one burning right now. It's 50* out now and going down to 37* tonight. Good time of year to get rid of some box elder.

I've got a good amount of oak slabs laying around. I believe they will be the first real victims.

And COME ON BB, fire it up!

Same boat here , had a few break in /burn off fires got it up to about 500 stove top last night (with the doors open ) Looks to be cold and rainy here tonight and tomorrow so time to see what this Quad 4300 will do.

Corie said:
I've got a good amount of oak slabs laying around. I believe they will be the first real victims.

And COME ON BB, fire it up!

With those heat shields added to turbo charge the convection I am afraid there would be some serious heat around here tonight if I did.

Built a stove, HPBA, graduated, got the dream job, new home, new stove, new puppy and the lovely Corey there with him.

The young man is on a roll. Enjoy! How ya gonna top this one next year?

BrotherBart said:
Built a stove, HPBA, graduated, got the dream job, new home, new stove, new puppy and the lovely Corey there with him.

The young man is on a roll. Enjoy! How ya gonna top this one next year?
When he rolls out the new model line. :coolsmirk:

Corie,what kind of pup are you bringing home?

Excellent, Corie!
Sounds like you are settling in fine there. Make sure you post pictures of the stove in action and with the new pup.

How does Cor(ry #3) get along with the new pup?

BTW - you really need to get a little more creative with the new pup's name......

Just bustin' you there - ;-)

Corie said:

actually he has been burning a 30 in the lab for the last few days , probably doing a "snow dance" chompin at the bit to burn the one at home. i dropped by the other day to the lab and the 30 burning in there on the stand was just incredible.

if BB and corie burn at the same time i might not even have to light a stove this year

Ok, I won't fire up the Summit and rain on you guys parade ;)
Do the reverse and send some heat up here then.
Then again, I already have the twin soon to be triple towers constantly pumping something out.

I had to finish up my blocking plate and get things back together so I could fire up my Regency. Supposed to have frost up here tonight!

Sorry guys. I did have a first fire last night, but we're still unpacking, so I can't find my camera. I'm working on it. Hopefully tonight I can dig it out.

The puppy is a Sheltie, and he is darn near perfect. First night in the new house, barked two times, slept in his new bed, no accidents, doesn't jump on furniture. What a dream dog! He seems to be assimilating will with the rest of the aminals too Harley. So far so good, although I wouldn't say the cat (layla) is his biggest fan.

Corie said:
Sorry guys. I did have a first fire last night, but we're still unpacking, so I can't find my camera. I'm working on it. Hopefully tonight I can dig it out.

The puppy is a Sheltie, and he is darn near perfect. First night in the new house, barked two times, slept in his new bed, no accidents, doesn't jump on furniture. What a dream dog! He seems to be assimilating will with the rest of the aminals too Harley. So far so good, although I wouldn't say the cat (layla) is his biggest fan.
Mike get that boy a company cell phone...........one with a camera :)

GVA said:
Corie said:

Mike get that boy a company cell phone...........one with a camera :)

guess we need to do somthing , i might have to "swing by" with some yuenglings and my digital lol

Temp in the Den was 62 and we decided it was TIME....fired up the stove with some poplar and the inside temp is rising....my son (7) says it is starting to feel Toasty.
Mike

October 12 2007 ,first fire for my BIG E. Only got to the low fifties today about 39 at night , not realy cold enough for me but I had to start it some time.

stoveguy2esw said:
still holding off here , but im about to fire up the green egg and sear a few ribeyes for dinner. gawd i love that thing!!

The Sierra/HON redneck smoker goes to work at sun-up. Thirteen pound whole pork butt, four chickens and a brisket.

Fourteen hours later, heaven with a side of potato salad.

4.3 cf firebox and three drawers in the "cooking compartment". Anybody getting the idea yet that I like to start fires in big steel things?

BrotherBart said:
stoveguy2esw said:
still holding off here , but im about to fire up the green egg and sear a few ribeyes for dinner. gawd i love that thing!!

The Sierra/HON redneck smoker goes to work at sun-up. Thirteen pound whole pork butt, four chickens and a brisket.

Fourteen hours later, heaven with a side of potato salad.

4.3 cf firebox and three drawers in the "cooking compartment". Anybody getting the idea yet that I like to start fires in big steel things?

BB i gotta put you up alongside john wayne, waylon jennings, and the guy that won top chef last season, if ya build fires in steel boxes , ya gotta be one of my heroes

I knew you guy were up to somethin the southern skies had the glow.. So how was you first fire.

I have not really fired anything up here my home collects so much solar radiation

elkimmeg said:
I knew you guy were up to somethin the southern skies had the glow.. So how was you first fire.

I have not really fired anything up here my home collects so much solar radiation

So far I am just burning the little Jotul in the office in the basement. Sending heat upstairs. I swore last winter that I was going to get one year ahead on wood and I laid the last splits on top of cord number thirteen this afternoon so something was going to burn tonight.

Good thing there isn't any Scotch in the house or the 30 would be cranking and the windows would be open and.

Note to stoveguy2esw: Mike when I was growing up Waylon was a DJ on KLLL in Lubbock, Texas. When him and George Strait are gone Nashville ought to just close up shop and go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.