Looks like tonight is the night for a first fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather here can't make up it's mind. Paul had a fire going last week--first one of the season--and now it's warmed up again. Can't winterize my swamp coolers yet because I'm still using them.

He lost about 30 pounds and now he's cold all the time. :lol:

CountryGal said:
Weather here can't make up it's mind. Paul had a fire going last week--first one of the season--and now it's warmed up again. Can't winterize my swamp coolers yet because I'm still using them.

guess you'll be hugging up on him to keep him warm (lucky stiff!!) lol i sense a motive here :) in reality i hope all is well, 30 lbs is a lot to lose.(even though i could stand to have similar results)

stoveguy2esw said:
CountryGal said:

guess you'll be hugging up on him to keep him warm (lucky stiff!!) lol i sense a motive here :) in reality i hope all is well, 30 lbs is a lot to lose.(even though i could stand to have similar results)

LOL Mike. He was diagnosed last year with type II diabetes so he changed his eating habits drastically. He wasn't eating breakfast, rarely lunch and only having a big dinner. All my nagging went in one ear and out the other. But when he finally went to my doctor she diagnosed him and whipped him into shape. Saved his life IMO. He is now eating 3 meals a day and he limits his carbs to breakfast and lunch. Dropped the weight and keeping his glucose low with diet. No insulin or pills.

elkimmeg said:
I knew you guy were up to somethin the southern skies had the glow.. So how was you first fire.

I have not really fired anything up here my home collects so much solar radiation
you know it's funny.... Flying in last night I thought I saw a distict glow from VA at 34,000'........ One of them must have been old brownie and that new fangled pendaflex smoker in BB's backyard

GVA said:
elkimmeg said:
I knew you guy were up to somethin the southern skies had the glow.. So how was you first fire.

I have not really fired anything up here my home collects so much solar radiation
you know it's funny.... Flying in last night I thought I saw a distict glow from VA at 34,000'........ One of them must have been old brownie and that new fangled pendaflex smoker in BB's backyard

Nope. Must have been Corie firing the new 30-NC down south a bit. The Pendeflex fires up at sun-up tomorrow for its last go of the year. Before long I will have to fire the crap out of it to make up for heat loss.

Hmmm... Maybe pipe insulation is on the way. Hmmm... Maybe a block-off plate.

Hey Eric. Have you sold that add-on cat unit yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.