Lopi Endeavor Finally Installed!(with pic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
My dad came by tonight and helped me finish everything thing up. I had to terminate the top of the liner with the cap and then hook up the double wall pipe to the stove. I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed seeing me 30' up on the roof with spot lights shinning so I could see. :lol: I checked the draft by blowing cigar smoke into the stove and it sucked it right up with the bypass open, I hope this is a good sign that the stove will have a good draft. I'm a little worried with it being a 5.5 liner but it's near 30' tall so it should be ok.

I hope to get the inspector out before the weekend so I can light the stove up for the first time this weekend.

Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• PA280015.jpg
    PA280015.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 725
Hey, when you want it connected you gotta do what you gotta do :lol: , looks good, bet your itching to burn, which is better than a burning itch.

Nice, clean install...
You're probably gonna hafta move that cabinet on
the left side a little farther away from the appliance, IMHO...

DAKSY said:
Nice, clean install...
You're probably gonna hafta move that cabinet on
the left side a little farther away from the appliance, IMHO...

Thanks guys! The tv stand is over 2' from the stove and the stove sidewall clearance is 13" with double wall so it *should* be fine. If you look close though you'll see it's on those "moving disks" so I can move it easily if needed. The picture and clock will also move.

I have the same stove and overall I am very satisfied. It heats our house very well. My biggest complaint is that the shelf in front of the door is to high. When loading the stove if any ashes or ambers fall out it is hard to close the door. Not a big deal, but it does bother me.

very nice. looks great, enjoy, pete

Jack Straw said:
I have the same stove and overall I am very satisfied. It heats our house very well. My biggest complaint is that the shelf in front of the door is to high. When loading the stove if any ashes or ambers fall out it is hard to close the door. Not a big deal, but it does bother me.

yeah, they could have put that about 1/2" lower. Only an issue occasionally, but kind of annoying. Not bad though if that's the worst thing about a stove.

Pagey said:
Why? Mine burned just fine. :coolgrin:

Good to know! :lol:

Inspector is supposed to be out today, I'm curious to see how involved he will get. Of course today we're supposed to almost hit 70* and tonight is only supposed to cool down to the high 40's. I guess it's a good day for a paint curing fire so I can open all the windows up.

rdust, that looks great.

Nice setup you got there. Definitely try to do the break-in when you can open the windows.

BTW your camera clock and wall clock are 5 minutes apart %-P

Put a level on that stovepipe, it looks like it is leaning left.

While waiting for my inspection I couldn't help but burn a few pieces of paper. A 70 degree day is perfect since you can open windows to let the smoke out.

Nice, my inspector missed his appointment, so I couldn't help myself and had the first burn-in anyway. When he came he was in the house for less than 2 minutes...

Highbeam said:
Put a level on that stovepipe, it looks like it is leaning left.

I'm going with it's the camera angle, if not I'm calling it good. :lol:

Just talked to the wife, the inspector checked it out and we're good to go. He measured the clearances, asked about the chimney, looked at the cap 30' up and that was about it. He did comment about the amount of wood I have and that it looked like the install was fun with the way my roof is set up.

I hope my next posts will be about how great the stove is performing and not about a smoldering fire, black glass, a fire that goes out when I close the door etc. I don't want to hear that my wood is the problem when we all know everyone's wood is never the problem in these types of posts! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.