Lopi exhaust blower motor issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elkhunter

Nov 7, 2016
iowa
What controls the exhaust blower motor and why would it continue to turn very s--l--o--w when stove is shutdown? Snap disks all check good. Thanx.

Exhaust blower would be controlled by the board. Current still being fed from the board? How did you check the snap discs?

I plugged the unit in and started her up. Checked hopper snap and safety snap with a volt meter and showed nothing (closed). When the unit reached temp the combustion fan kicked on. I checked the system snap prior to that and it read 120 (open). The issues I have are the exhaust blower motor continues to run after cool down shutdown and during heating I can't run auger feed rate below medium because the auger quits turning. My thoughts are board. I have had no issues with this unit since purchased in 2005.

Do I need to check the system disc when it shuts down and the exhaust blower is running? Motor is very hot when its at that point!

I think you have your fans mixed up
combustion fan - supplies air to maintain the fire
circulation fan - forces cool air over heat exchanger and out into the room
Witch fan is not preforming correctly ?

Reactions: Lake Girl
Could be board or could be multiple problems simultaneously. Last time door gaskets were changed? Inspected barb for vac switch to ensure it is clear? Checked tube to vac switch for cracking? May explain why you're getting auger quitting at low feeds because something is off on vacuum in the firebox.

Is it convection(room) or combustion(exhaust) blower... convection blower will continue to run in an over fire situation so it may be a malfunction on high limit snap disc or the board. Just had another thread that had bad triacs on the board... Snap discs are an inexpensive fix so you could try to jumper around or just get a new one ... $30 or less range.

The auger not running at low speeds could well be caused by the motor or the auger itself binding.

If the heat sensor (snap disc) is working fine, perhaps the triac or relay on the board is bad. Both are inexpensive parts, but require soldering on the control board. Does the blower come on as soon as the unit is plugged in?

Reactions: Lake Girl
yes the combustion blower comes on when I plug it on. I had to unplug it to keep it from over heating. As old as this stove is I may just update the whole control board with the new version. Thanx for input.

I did clean out the vacuum hole and checked tube. Tube was good but there was a build up inside the hole. Its the combustion blower that continues to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.