Lopi Leyden Available

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Erbskoje

Dec 24, 2019
Williamstown Ky
IMG_20191223_142443.jpg IMG_20191223_142420.jpg
I've got a question about listing a stove for sale. It's a Lopi Leyden that's a few years old and in decent condition. I'm helping a friend who took this out of a home they purchased. In the past I had a wood stove in my home so I offered to help. Currently we have a pellet stove in our living room, otherwise I would try to install this at home. It's got a few sections of pipe, wall thimble, roof cap and appears an optional blower on the back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was not a great stove. It suffered the issues with several downdraft designs. Value is not high if it needs a rebuild. Figure $300-500 depending on interior condition.

There is a classified forum here. Also, use Craigslist.

Last edited:
The stove has a lot of vulnerable parts in it. If you can verify it doesn’t need any repairs, it may be worth $1K, being a good brand and it’s pretty will help. Unfortunately You will need to find someone that doesn’t have the internet to get it sold most likely. It’s sad, but it just wasn’t a good stove.

Thanks for the input. I just got some pictures the other day and started doing some research. Visually it looks like a nice stove and as I understand the previous owner didn't use it much as they had an outdoor boiler. I'll give it a good inspection and see what I can figure out. Always hope to get as much out of things as is possible. Anyone on the forums a big fan of these and need another stove?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Anyone on the forums a big fan of these and need another stove?!
Not a chance! lol!
I’ve had 2, the first one was ok for a while. It was just super sluggish. The replacement was all nuclear! The entire back would glow even though the stove was on low..

Thanks for the input. I just got some pictures the other day and started doing some research. Visually it looks like a nice stove and as I understand the previous owner didn't use it much as they had an outdoor boiler. I'll give it a good inspection and see what I can figure out. Always hope to get as much out of things as is possible. Anyone on the forums a big fan of these and need another stove?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tell your friend to spend an hour and clean it up, including the glass.