Lopi lyden or endeavor??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puller738

Nov 21, 2009
IL
Friend of mine is considering a lyden or an endeavor in the corner of the house. He needs to push it back in the corner as much as he can. Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.

With approved double wall stove pipe, the Endeavor can go as close as 4.25" on the rear clearance. The Leyden is a 'downdraft' stove, thus it burns the gases in the back/rear of the stove causing this area to get hotter. I'd personally go with the Endeavor, as I feel the "burn tube" technology is a little more tried and tested than the downdraft EPA stoves.

I have the Endeavor and love it so far, we've been burning 24/7 since November. I'm heating 1950 sq' with it in Michigan, it does a fine job until it's in the single digits then it's a little small. I knew this going in, we have more days in the 20's-30's then single digits so it works fine. I loaded up at 10:30 last night and this morning around 6:30 when my wife loaded the stove the heat had ran for an hour or so.(t-stat set for 70*) It was 4* when I woke up this morning, when it's in the 20's or 30's the heat doesn't run. My family room is only 11x16 so I didn't want to overheat it with a liberty and wanted a smaller footprint in the room. I think we made the right choice on the stove so far.

I have no experience with the Lyden, I'm sure others with chime in.

How big is the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.