Louisiana

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
Headed to Houma for a job will check out pellet/stove prices, any contacts let me know. not sure if they make em out of gators(pellets that is) yet who knows? Just asking.

Only things I ever saw burning in Louisiana were the backyard gas burners under the huge pots of boiling crawfish. M-m-m-m-m-m! Sausage, gumbo, boudin...none of it good for you, but all of it irresistably delicious. Travel safely, and Bon appetit! Rick

Reactions: The Ds
Thanks Rick,love their food, will be doing coring from an elevator barge.:cool:

Headed to Houma for a job will check out pellet/stove prices, any contacts let me know. not sure if they make em out of gators(pellets that is) yet who knows? Just asking.

Take lots of Pics.... We love us some pics (I know that u know ;) )

Hope your travels are safe and you have fun..... Lucky

Reactions: Defiant
Take lots of Pics.... We love us some pics (I know that u know ;) )

Hope your travels are safe and you have fun..... Lucky
Will do!! Keep an eye on smoke while I'm gone:cool:Planning on eating some good cajun food.

Keep an eye on smoke while I'm gone.

As for Smoke... :(

I've been pretty good lately haven't I?

Supposed to be camping right now. Got 30 miles from home and the old Burb spun a main bearing. :mad:

Not a good feeling tugging a 28' travel trailer on the interstate thats under construction. _g

Got the camper back home and the truck at the garage. borrowed a relatives, should be headin out in the am.

Have fun on the trip Joe, and drink at least one cheap beer for me...

I've been pretty good lately haven't I?

Supposed to be camping right now. Got 30 miles from home and the old Burb spun a main bearing. :mad:

Not a good feeling tugging a 28' travel trailer on the interstate thats under construction. _g

Got the camper back home and the truck at the garage. borrowed a relatives, should be headin out in the am.

Have fun on the trip Joe, and drink at least one cheap beer for me...

I'm sorry buddy ;)

I retract that statement.

As for the truck... That sucks. Thats a good lookin rig.

smoke ole buddy, since when have you ever been good? That is like me saying I ordered a sausage platter and a good brew and didn't consume it. That won't happen.

Joe,

Have a good time and watch out fer the 'gators.

Dexter,

Stop agitating smoke, you never get the better end of the exchange.

Rick,

Keep an eye on those characters, they can run a thread in circles.

Not us 0015.jpgmaybe just me.

...Rick, Keep an eye on those characters, they can run a thread in circles.

I'm too old to chase them, so I just sit in my Moderator's tree stand and once in a while one of 'em comes running by within range. :cool:

I'm too old to chase them, so I just sit in my Moderator's tree stand and once in a while one of 'em comes running by within range. :cool:
Rick you must be my age, my buddies are kids:p

Have a good trip Def...don't eat too much!cheers.gif

Just for smoke, I will find the cheapest beer possible (could be alligator piss for all I know). Thanks Mad Dog I will have a few for you,;)

Just for smoke, I will find the cheapest beer possible (could be alligator piss for all I know). Thanks Mad Dog I will have a few for you,;)

Thanks buddy... Looking forward to your pics, upon arrival home.

Hope its a Safe and FUN trip. Be well in your travels ;)

My job is fun too.... I have to work 3am-3pm tomorrow. Wakin up at 1am. Bedtime was 30 minutes ago :(

The very few times I've been in Lousiana, I invariably had a blast. ( My second ex-wife's parents were dyed-in-the-wool Cajuns, both born & raised in Eunice, LA., but that's another couple of stories ::P) I was at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival in 1980, and I've never been quite the same since. I highly recommend it as a life-affirming experience. :cool: They really like their beer in those little 10-ounce cans down there. I figured it was because it's always so damned hot that a "normal" 12-ouncer would get too warm before you finished it. Dunno. Sure did enjoy the food & the down-home hospitality. :cool: Rick

The very few times I've been in Lousiana, I invariably had a blast. ( My second ex-wife's parents were dyed-in-the-wool Cajuns, both born & raised in Eunice, LA., but that's another couple of stories ::P) I was at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival in 1980, and I've never been quite the same since. I highly recommend it as a life-affirming experience. :cool: They really like their beer in those little 10-ounce cans down there. I figured it was because it's always so damned hot that a "normal" 12-ouncer would get too warm before you finished it. Dunno. Sure did enjoy the food & the down-home hospitality. :cool: Rick
My first visit, it's for work but I am looking forward to it. Temps next week are in the 90's but the feel like due to humidity is higher. Thanks for the input Rick:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.