Low heat from a 55-SHPCB120

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

the pony boy

Nov 5, 2011
putnam ny
I have 2 stoves in the house. Both a year old and both cleaned at the start of winter. The 55-SHPEPI in the living room burns very good and I’m happy with the heat. The 55-SHPCB120 blows warm at best. Both run mostly on settings 1-3. I never touched any of the factory settings. Any one have any clue where to check? Thanks

I have the smart stove as well. Im guessing you are seeing a significant difference in heat from last year? Did you open the rear and side panels to vaccum out the inside? I noticed a decent amount of ash that worked its way back towards the room blowers and exhaust blower. If you did vaccum out the inside from where the side panel disconnects you may have affected the vaccum switch.

I have the smart stove as well. Im guessing you are seeing a significant difference in heat from last year? Did you open the rear and side panels to vaccum out the inside? I noticed a decent amount of ash that worked its way back towards the room blowers and exhaust blower. If you did vaccum out the inside from where the side panel disconnects you may have affected the vaccum switch.

I did. And cleaned out the room blower. Exhaust looked good. Stove has only seen about 3 tons. I’m going to do a full tear down soon and see what’s up. Thanks

3 ton!! Thats a long time without a couple good cleanings. Every ton you should do a thorough cleaning. From burn pot to chimney cap