Lowes gouging already ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less cleaning sounds good to me!!

I picked up 1/2 ton of Somersets at Lowes in Lyndhurst NJ on Friday for 3.58 a bag.
Today I went to get another 1/2, 4.33 a bag. They upped the price .75 a bag in 3 days
They had 6 tons in the back on Friday. I know they didn't sell 6 tons over the weekend WTF
I didn't have Fridays receipt with me today, but will bring it tomorrow to see if I
get buy them at the right price.

wert said:
I picked up 1/2 ton of Somersets at Lowes in Lyndhurst NJ on Friday for 3.58 a bag.
Today I went to get another 1/2, 4.33 a bag. They upped the price .75 a bag in 3 days
They had 6 tons in the back on Friday. I know they didn't sell 6 tons over the weekend WTF
I didn't have Fridays receipt with me today, but will bring it tomorrow to see if I

Wonder why our Lowes doesnt sell the Somersets?

cuznvin said:
wert said:

Wonder why our Lowes doesnt sell the Somersets?

trucking costs would be my guess. I would love to try somersets

I picked up some Maine choice pellets at lowes in epping, nh. On Saturday for $4.97 a bag I beleave I don't think that's a lot an I like the way the burn to.

charger54 said:
I picked up some Maine choice pellets at lowes in epping, nh. On Saturday for $4.97 a bag I beleave I don't think that's a lot an I like the way the burn to.

Add the NY tax and we are at $6 ;-)

cuznvin said:
charger54 said:

Add the NY tax and we are at $6 ;-)
The pellets I got from yhe dealer I bought my stove from were $6.45 or something a bag I think $265 or something for a ton. Login-k I think is how u spell it. Burn the same to me

wert said:
CUZINVIN
You pay Tax on your pellets?

Its a joke.. NY tax.. Like paying high prices for APPLE products..Apple tax

This one is way off the rails and turning into a chat room. Need to close it. Have a good reason it needs to open back up, shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.