MagnuM Countryside 3502 VS. Quadra Fire MT. Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheatburner

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Eastern Colorado
I'm new here... and am wondering what your thoughts are on these 2 inserts? I have a regular fireplace now and am looking to upgrade to a multi fuel insert. We are farmers growing wheat and corn. These both say they burn both. I am thinking of maybe mixing the 2 to burn. They both have roughly the same BTU's and specs (I think). I would like to have some kind of thermostat I could hook up to it but I really haven't looked into that yet. Do both of these have similar safety features? The MT. Vernon is about 2k higher ($4,500) than the Countryside (2,500). If anyone thinks they have a better fit I am open to options.
Thanks!

We sell mainly Quadrafire but used to sell Countysides also. I believe it's all in the features you want however I would suggest checking out the forums over a iburncorn.com. Their are specific areas for both models and tons of helpful people who have tons of experiance burning corn and other grains on their. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.