Maine's Choice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Yes!!!! Hope your experience was only a couple test bags.

The bag titled Maine Wood Pellet CO LLC? I tried a few bags of these and the XXV didn't seem to mind them at all. Thought they burned well actually.

The bag titled Maine Wood Pellet CO LLC? I tried a few bags of these and the XXV didn't seem to mind them at all. Thought they burned well actually.

MWP is a different brand/manufacturer. They're generally well liked for the $$$.

I am burning Maine's Choice pellets now and they do a good job in my stove. I actually like the way they burn better than the MWP's. They seem a lot cleaner burning.

I am burning Maine's Choice pellets now and they do a good job in my stove. I actually like the way they burn better than the MWP's. They seem a lot cleaner burning.
These results will concur for just about and matchup of "brand A" vs "Brand B" Some like them and others do not. Some will like one brand better than others. I sell maine's Choice and when I have broken bags, I burn them. They have been $199.ton until August when they jumped all the way to $209/ton. They are my least expensive pellets, yet made up less than 2.5% of my gross sales for 2012. Most people come here for the upper end pellets, but for the price shoppers, I have Maine's Choice. Again, there is no right or wrong way to do it.Go Pats!

These results will concur for just about and matchup of "brand A" vs "Brand B" Some like them and others do not. Some will like one brand better than others. I sell maine's Choice and when I have broken bags, I burn them. They have been $199.ton until August when they jumped all the way to $209/ton. They are my least expensive pellets, yet made up less than 2.5% of my gross sales for 2012. Most people come here for the upper end pellets, but for the price shoppers, I have Maine's Choice. Again, there is no right or wrong way to do it.Go Pats!
X2

Lol. Yes!!!! Hope your experience was only a couple test bags.

Yes- only picked up 4 bags at Lowes for $4.09 each. Never saw them before and saw that they are made by Geneva so I figured why not. I am sure others have had better luck but in my stove they burn dirtier than Green supremes and put out noticeably less heat. Good thing its been so warm. Will stick with my Firesides and Stove Chow for the rest of the winter I think.

Being from Maine where there are LOTS and LOTS of wood I would have expected better from both brands! if you want aggrevation and want to save just a little id say they are Ok , I will NOT be burning either next year! MWP Softies came recomended from a friend .....well i thought he was a friend :) next year they will not be on my burn list and actually this makes me sad because the pellet industry could provide more Mainers with much needed jobs !

Reactions: Bob Sorjanen
I burn some not the cleanest but they burn. Cheap though I get them at lowes with 10% moving coupon, then 10% off through discover.

MWP is a different brand/manufacturer. They're generally well liked for the $$$.
Ahh. Says so right in the title. Must stop hanging out in the forums past my bedtime.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.