Man I wanna clean out this fence row

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zachb91

Jan 11, 2016
indiana
Full of hedge an cherry an what ever else is in there
d19ddbafc00b096554cd7a78da0cf6bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Whats stopping you?

Power lines

Running through it or beside it? I would figure out a way to get that hedge!

Beside it. I have permission to cut them down just don't wanna mess with powetlines.

Beside it. I have permission to cut them down just don't wanna mess with powetlines.

I would take that hedge down in a heart beat! Where are you located in Indiana?

Sullivan

Looks like what runs my property line! Except mine is all Siberian Elm. I'm jealous of your hedge.

Lol hey I got some standing dead ash trees. To lol

Lol hey I got some standing dead ash trees. To lol

If you were closer I would bring the trucks and winches and put that wood on the ground!

Lol got some black locust on a creek bank 2 about 20 of them.

Lol got some black locust on a creek bank 2 about 20 of them.

Nice! Burning some Black Locust right now...good stuff

How long does it need to season

Power lines

Ah, don't worry about those power lines . . . take down that one tree in the center and it will take out all of those pesky power lines for you and then you don't have to deal with them any more. ;) :)

-- Signed, nephew of the guy who cut a tree on a family lot in Belfast and took out a major power line near an electrical sub-station (not sure if my Uncle ended up having to pay for that fiasco or not.)

Reactions: osagebow
How long does it need to season

Mine has been CSS 2 years now....I would consider that a minimum to season...it checked out at 15-18%...it was split relatively small.

if you call them they will probably cut it down for you. they have a spec depending on the voltage, if its near the distance or will be in a period of time the have to cut it anyway.

i have high power lines and they paid a contractor to cut back like 50 ft, i told the guy i use it for heat and he left nice piles of the bigger stuff, i took all of it from around me. the land owners around me have a ton of hedges and crap they dont care if i take a couple piles. only the one even uses wood to heat his barn he ahs more than he knows what to do with though from cleaning hedges