manabloc manifolds....anyone use em?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 14 port manabloc for our water system and love it. The connections seal easily and it's really easy to work with. It's been installed for 3 years with absolutely no problems. We have our water pressure set at 50-70 psi.

thanks for the reply!
are there valves (shut off and on) built into the manifold for each ports?
i really cant tell in the pics??
could you possibly take a pic so i may see it better??

A buddy has installed quite a few home water systems and swears by the Manabloc manifolds. Won't use anything else...more money for the part, but lots less labor.

Each port has a valve and they give you a little tool to turn the valve on and off. I was watching extreme home makeover last night and saw thats what they were using. I got all my stuff from houseneeds dot com and bought a ton of cheap pex from ebay which worked fine with the manabloc, although they say it's only under warranty (10 years I think) if you use original vanguard pex.

I don't have the manablocs, but when I re-plumbed my house with PEX and a full "home run" system, I used the copper valved Wirsbo manifolds, and have been really happy with how it all works.

The manifold approach lets you build and use incrementally or work on some "circuits" without taking others out of service.

And feeding my hot & cold manifolds with 3/4 and then using 1/2 "home runs" from the manifold to every major end use means very, very little pressure or temperature fluctuations regardless of who turns on or flushes what / when

Status
Not open for further replies.