Maxim M175 settings for corn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madawaska

Dec 31, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I have been burning wood pellets for the last month using the factory settings and I had no problems. I switched to using straight corn a few days ago and I have noticed that I'm using a lot of propane because it has to auto light and I'm wasting a lot of corn because it's only half burning sometimes. Has anyone figured out a good setting when burning straight corn?

not sure how many corn burners there are here, you will find plenty of maxim owners who burn corn at Iburncorn.com. I read there just for the maxim info.

you need to turn up the feed rate more than likely, what ever your feed rates are set at now, try turning up the idle bar one step a day until it will stay lit. the higher your feed rate bars are the less time between auger cycles. Corn won't stay smoldering as long as pellets. different pellet brands, or warm weather will cause the same thing. you should keep the air settings at least equal with the feed rates, if not higher, to keep creosote down.

Status
Not open for further replies.