MAXX-M ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayner01

Dec 9, 2016
Alberta
I have been having a problem with my pellet furnace. It would not work until I jumper out the vacuum switch.
Everything works now but the igniter, I have hooked it to a power coed and it works.
My question is does the vacuum switch control the igniter?

Without a print it's hard to say. There may may also be a relay between the switch & igniter also.

Jumping the vacuum switch. Is the jumper switch bad or is it doing what it suppose to do. Check for a clogged chimney ?

There is an air pump on the Enviros that gets utilized for ignition. Recall a thread years ago about the air pump ...

Enviro Service Manual should help you find your answers... I do recall a thread that a forum member used an aquarium pump in a pinch to get an Enviro back up and running!!!

PS: Page 48 of the manual
Exhaust temperature sensor checked?

Attachments

• Enviro C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 628
Last edited:
What were your original problems before jumpering out the vacuum switch?

How old is the stove? When was the last time venting and internal exhaust pathways cleaned?

Last edited:
Jumping the vacuum switch. Is the jumper switch bad or is it doing what it suppose to do. Check for a clogged chimney ?
I clean the chimney every spring when I shut it off for the summer. The outfit it was bought from told me to jumper out the switch to get it to work. The furnace is only three years old and get regular cleaning.

Check the exhaust temperature sensor as recommended by the manual for ignitor that is not working ... try a jumper on that to test.

Reactions: wayner01
Did you get a new vacuum switch, replace tubing to port? Really should not run it with the safety switch overridden. Usually when you jumper out the vac switch it is because gaskets on doors/hoppers/ash pans (as appropriate) need to be changed.

The sensors are generally pretty inexpensive so you might just want to get the #3 so you got it.

Did you get a new vacuum switch, replace tubing to port? Really should not run it with the safety switch overridden. Usually when you jumper out the vac switch it is because gaskets on doors/hoppers/ash pans (as appropriate) need to be changed.

The sensors are generally pretty inexpensive so you might just want to get the #3 so you got it.
I have a vacuum switch on order right now and will put it in as soon as i get it. The dealer I bought the furnace from told me to jump out the vacuum switch so I can use it for now. the gaskets seem to be be good and the doors close tight.

I have a vacuum switch on order right now and will put it in as soon as i get it. The dealer I bought the furnace from told me to jump out the vacuum switch so I can use it for now. the gaskets seem to be be good and the doors close tight.
Dollar bill test on the gaskets? Dollar or similar paper closed in the door ... pulls out easily, it's time for new gaskets. Your stove is in the age period for that to be a serious consideration.

Glad to hear the switch is on order ... like to make sure our members keep safe. Might want to add the sensor to the order...

Dollar bill test on the gaskets? Dollar or similar paper closed in the door ... pulls out easily, it's time for new gaskets. Your stove is in the age period for that to be a serious consideration.

Glad to hear the switch is on order ... like to make sure our members keep safe. Might want to add the sensor to the order...
I tried what you said with the door. If you put a piece of paper anywhere in the door you can not pull it out without tearing the paper. With the sensor switch is it closed when cold and open when it heats up. Does it shut the igniter off once the switch is hot? I am trying to understand hoe the entire system works. Is it possible to order a full technical manual? The one I got with the stove has 28 pages but only three pages of trouble shooting.

I think the above manual I uploaded (post 6) is it for technical manuals for enviro. That is not the owner's manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.