May be over before I get started

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant vouch for the install we didn't do it but I can tell you the liner failed. And yes it was due to fire but still it should last more than a couple years. They should be able to take a couple fires

Sounds like the stove owner was running with the air control open trying to get more heat (bad idea) and instead putting all the heat in the liner.

no it was on a furnace with and automatic draft controll

no it was on a furnace with and automatic draft controll

Something wasn't right there to have super high temps right after the tee. It almost sounds like that is where secondary combustion was happening.

no there was no coal I have said that before. And we usually see atleast 1 failed liner a season some from coal some after 25+ years but they can and do fail.

it was a chimney fire the bottom 4 feet were very brittle and really discolored the whole way

Status
Not open for further replies.