May have hit the jackpot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
In reference to this https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/65050/ thread, I've discovered my stove's, 'til now, hidden talent.
It can actually burn wood for more than just a couple hours!
I know this is no real revelation to some of you but, N/S seems to be "the way". Well, for some stoves anyway. This stove has taken on a whole new personality. So far, I've had 2 good long burns, and this morning I'm working on the 3rd.
Went to bed early last night (10:30) with the stove loaded with 7 splits again on a good (maybe a little too good) bed of coals. Woke up this morning at 5:00 with the stove still at 300, blower still running, and the house at 67. Plenty of coals left to restart, and now I'm doing a 5 split load. Testing, testing. Was supposed to go start laying tile for some friends this morning, but that got rescheduled, so I'll be messing with the stove some more today to try replicating these burn times.
I'm a happy guy today.
I'll calm down now. Time for some more coffee. Yeah, that'll do it. :lol:

Great to hear. Keep us informed. See you can teach an old dog new tricks !!!

Sweet PD, I load mainly N/S, but the few times I did load E/W, I did notice a shorter burn. Seems that my air intake (bottom front center) quickly burns a channel through the lower wood and then rips through the rest. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.