mcogs9

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcogs9

Jan 30, 2012
Hamden Ct.
I have a Regency GCI 60 Insert and I have an issue were the fire dies out and the blower goes off and then the 3rd light blinks. When I open the Hopper door the blower kicks back on and after the door is closed the blower shuts down again and then the 3rd light on the control panel blinks. The manuel states when the 3rd light is flashing (the exhaust temp. switch contacts have opened. what is causing this to happen?

More info please, I need to know what heat setting its in, along with what feed trim and combustion trim setting are? I also need to know if it was setup with a magnahelic gauge? Is this a self install? Sounds like too much draft air.

Once it times out the control will stay in the fault until you push the on/off button in manual mode to clear the error. Opening the hopper(usually a couple of minutes) door will only drop power to the control, But it still holds its error code.

If the stove wasn't set with a magnehelic gauge I would loosen the lock on the damper and bump it in. But best to get it setup with a gauge. This might get you thru until the installer can make a visit to set it correctly. Or you could increase the feed trim or reduce the combustion trim to limp along.

Trim setting is at 3 combustion setting is at 3 and for the heat setting it the issue happens on all settings 1-5. I had it installed professionally and also had a fresh air intake installed.

Let me also add when the fire begans to die out and the blower shuts down then when I open the hopper door the blower starts right back up like it was searching for air. I close the hopper door and the fire begins to die again and the blower shuts down.

Never hear one do that. How old is this unit and how much fuel have you burned with it. Could be a clogged venting issue or a vacuum switch problem. Might be time to call in the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.