Merry Christmas!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 15, 2022
Maryland
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!!

A4B016D4-19BB-4C40-946B-FD4B38DE8AA5.jpeg

Just posted in a car web site I'm on.

Who wants to play a game? Its called Find the Cat in the Christmas Tree!

We hadn't seen him for a little while and I couldn't find him in his usual spots. He hadn't seemed to have gotten into the tree much anymore so it was the last place I looked. I was about a foot or two away from him when I saw the eyes. Startled me to be honest! Don't want him in there, but it was really too cute to not have a photo of it.

Tree.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ispinwool
Just posted in a car web site I'm on.

Who wants to play a game? Its called Find the Cat in the Christmas Tree!

We hadn't seen him for a little while and I couldn't find him in his usual spots. He hadn't seemed to have gotten into the tree much anymore so it was the last place I looked. I was about a foot or two away from him when I saw the eyes. Startled me to be honest! Don't want him in there, but it was really too cute to not have a photo of it.

View attachment 305358
Where did you get that check engine ornament??? That's awesome!!!! (I'm a mechanic. I appreciate it LOL)

Spoiler for where the cat is in the above ... Just to the right of the red ball ornament on the left side of the tree about 2/3 of the way up.

Just searched. Etsy & Ebay. They're great! Creative!

Reactions: RomanW
Reminds me of Natl Lampoons Christmas movie with the squirrel!

Reactions: tlc1976 and RomanW
You'll like this. Several of us want the ornament now. It's primarily a VW/Audi site. Many of us have been paying German car prices for parts for years, like $15 oil filters. So someone posted the following to make fun of that fact.

I found a few on Etsy but they might not hold up over time. I'd like to find an aluminum, powercoated one for around $ 100 usd.

• Haha
Reactions: RomanW
Where did you get that check engine ornament??? That's awesome!!!! (I'm a mechanic. I appreciate it LOL)
As the owner of a fairly heavily modified Alfa Romeo with its own quirks, having a check engine light in my face is NOT something I want to see while enjoying the holiday festivities.

I recommend black electrical tape to make the light go away, lol

I once knew a guy ("mechanic") who would take a very small very long drill bit and go right through the gauge and into the bulb.

Needless to say, the light never came on again.

But the gauges started filling up with dust and condensation... odd

Reading A Christmas Carol, like I do every year. Reading about Scrooge gives some hope for me.

Reply on where the CEL ornament came from ...

I believe it was Blipshift last year. I got the set for my husband - its a CEL, oil, and coolant lights. They're plastic but haven't seemed to have an issue being in the attic the last year.

I contacted Blipshift to see if they are still available. waiting for reply.

Last edited:
Heard back from Blipshift ...

Joe O. (blipshift)
Dec 20, 2022, 9:00 AM EST
Hi,

Greetings from blipshift and thanks for the interest in Xmas tree ornament awesomeness!

We did offer CEL and other dash warning lights as separate ornaments last year. Those were not available for this holiday season though we did have the full Dash Lit Like A... tree ornament

https://www.blipshift.com/products/dash-lit-like-a-ornament

Unfortunately, these have sold out and are not available for the current holiday season. Updated versions of these will likely make a comeback next year.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

joe / team blipshift

Seasons Greetings to all.
May your hearts be as warm as your hearths.
christmas tree.jpg

So, this is what our house looks like this afternoon. We always buy a ton of presents and open them Christmas morning before it gets light outside and while we are sipping our coffee. We stopped buying "personal" gifts years ago, and now we use Christmas to spend some money we have been saving and get things from our "garden wish list" (new pruner, bluebird house, a drone to do video tours of the garden from above, a diaphragm (not piston) 4-gallon backpack sprayer for our new fruit trees, etc.) or needed household or comfort items (like a sink caddy for the kitchen, new set of silicone spatulas, homemade pot holders, set of handwarmers, etc.)

IMG_0855.JPG

We will have a small Christmas Turkey with all the fixins' and one guest tomorrow, a friend of 40+ years who just found out this past week he has cancer and has no immediate or close family left. He's going to need a lot of support from us as this diagnosis unfolds, hopefully in a positive way. Christmas day/dinner has always been kind of anticlimactic for me; it is Christmas eve that is magical!

So, we spend Christmas eve in the dining room and living room, both the main decorated rooms of the house where the tree and other lighted features are keeping the winter doom and gloom away. Vintage Christmas music playing in the background. We have a drink of Seven-n-Seven with a maraschino cherry and a wee splash of cherry juice, a drink we only have at Christmas because it brings back memories. We enjoy a leisurely hors d'oeuvres "dinner" spread out over a couple of hours. This year's menu...(we have it all ready to go into the oven, if need be; it's just a matter of if we fill up too fast and don't have room for it all, which is not uncommon!).

Cheese & Crackers (this tradition goes back to when I was a kid. We never set the Christmas tree up until Christmas eve. Before dinner, we would have some of the cheddar cheese our aunt sent us as a present from Virginia on crackers. Now, my oldest brother sends the cheese to all of us "kids". (And, as kids, we would all get a big piece of peanut brittle as a treat after the tree was set up as we sat there staring at it...another Virginia family tradition from the farm.)

Tuna salad with a slice of fresh tomato on crackers (yes, our Tiny Tims)
Stuffed Clams
Shimp Cocktail
Stuffed Mushrooms
Chicken Nuggets and duck sauce
Shimp Parmesan with a thin pasta and homemade sauce (NJ Italian bread on the side)

Geez, just realized how long this post was! Whatever you celebrate, however you celebrate, whoever you have (or don't have anymore) to celebrate with, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas Eve and Day. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Peace.

Going to the 7 PM service at my wife's former church tonight. Potluck supper after between services. We gave choices were asked to make brownies.

Seventh time I made them for an event this month. Will make them again for a Friendship Supper there next Saturday, too.

Reactions: Dan Freeman