mill direct?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Just a question, does mill direct pricing reflect what a dealer pays for pellets shipped to them before being sold to us? A few wood pellet dealer website list a mill direct price and I wasn't sure if that is another way of listing what they paid for the actual pellets before resale.

Just a question, does mill direct pricing reflect what a dealer pays for pellets shipped to them before being sold to us? A few wood pellet dealer website list a mill direct price and I wasn't sure if that is another way of listing what they paid for the actual pellets before resale.

Some dealers will sell truckloads of certain pellets direct to a consumer IF they can unload mechanically (forklift or tractor with forks) and the mill (read trucker) is willing to deliver there. They may or may not discount the price that they would normally charge, and they may have to do with their supply from any given mill. If you can take a full commerical trailer load of pellets ...usually 22-26 tons on each load, it may be to your benefit to check with a dealer to see if they offer that program. As I said, some will and some won't, so do your homework. That said, I will only allow a dealer to do this, we DO NOT sell direct to the public. That would be a slap to my dealer network, thus we will not do it.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
Some dealers will sell truckloads of certain pellets direct to a consumer IF they can unload mechanically (forklift or tractor with forks) and the mill (read trucker) is willing to deliver there. They may or may not discount the price that they would normally charge, and they may have to do with their supply from any given mill. If you can take a full commerical trailer load of pellets ...usually 22-26 tons on each load, it may be to your benefit to check with a dealer to see if they offer that program. As I said, some will and some won't, so do your homework. That said, I will only allow a dealer to do this, we DO NOT sell direct to the public. That would be a slap to my dealer network, thus we will not do it.
Thanks for the info. Which pellet mill do you work for? I am assuming one that produces fir pellets based on your avatar name. I got 3 ton of blazer this year any feedback you can offer about this brand?

Reactions: Jack Morrissey
That said, I will only allow a dealer to do this,
we DO NOT sell direct to the public.
That would be a slap to my dealer network, thus we will not do it.

9TRRek5Te.png

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.