MM ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodboss

Aug 29, 2013
clinton new jersey
Hi everyone, i have a Perkins MM that i got maybe 2/3 months ago. it was working fine until the cold weather. if i measure wood that i have inside the house it works ok, i measure my palm its at 30 but when i am out side in the cold if i measure the outside of a split it reads ok but when i split the split in half and measure everything i measure is at 19.9, even my palm, i split green oak log i had ut up a week ago it measured 19.9 i tried a new battery same readings when cold. any ideas

I have a Lowes MM and the digital readout quits working. My cell phones quits on me too. wrap it in an insulated mitten or put it in a pocket in an inside shirt.

I think some are calibrated to read at somewhere around 70 degrees or so, so they're not gonna work accurately in cold cold weather. If you want to measure a sit I'd take it inside and let it sit for a bit

Reactions: Seanm
There is a species correction needed as well. I think most are calibrated for Douglass Fur. I don't know if this will work for all meters or if it is brand specific.

Attachments

• Species-Correction-Table.pdf
    35.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
There is a species correction needed as well. I think most are calibrated for Douglass Fur. I don't know if this will work for all meters or if it is brand specific.
thanks guys i think i am going to get some of those hand warmers they sell for hunting and wrap it around my mm when i am outside using it will let you know if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.