Moment of Choice, Enviro or Lopi?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeattleRider

Jan 22, 2014
Seattle, WA
Folks,
I have a local installer lined up and the pricing for the install is the best I have been able to find. So now time to finally decide on what insert is best.

Now I have narrowed down my choices to two inserts:
1. Lopi Republic 1750-I with blower (best price so far is: around $2050)
2. Enviro Kodiak 1700 with blower (best price so is $2200)

I like Enviro because of the bigger firebox and the higher efficiency rating but at the same time Lopi is made locally and I have been told they do a real good job with customer support and parts.

So what do you guys think, which one would you go with and why?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Both are good stoves. How large an area will you be heating?

Yes and that is the reason why I am having a hard time making the decision :). First floor with open floor plan and high ceilings is about 1500 sqft and then the second floor is about 800 sqft.

Given those parameters I would go for the Enviro. I think you will appreciate the additional reserve heat and longer burn time. FWIW, we are heating with a 3 cu ft PE T6 in a slightly smaller home in the Puget Sound region.

Status
Not open for further replies.