Monitor water temps on OWB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

varna

Hearth Supporter
Dec 2, 2009
SNJ
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I would like to be able to monitor my feed and return water temps at my OWB from the house. I know "somewhere" I read of wireless temp sensors and recievers. I also "think" I recall reading about surface mount sensors that do not have to be in the water. Was it just a dream I had or are these available? I tried a google search and a search here but found no results.....(doesn't mean they are not here somewhere).
I have been reading here for a while and really enjoy the knowledge here. Sorry I don't have much to give back......yet.
TIA

See....so simple I could of never thought of it......Thanks nofossil

I found going outside to reset the wireless signal was too much of a pain, some wireless bbq Tstats won't even find each other in my backyard, so I put the Tstat in my basement on the boiler loop, only lost signal once or twice and don't freeze to death resetting signals. putting one upstream of your HX and downstream will give you a good idea as long as you don't have big losses in your pipe run to the boiler.

Anyone know of a temp monitor solution where the sensor is wireless and can screw into one of the 3/4" threaded taps on the boiler ?

Status
Not open for further replies.