More Rookie Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest Smith

May 9, 2012
South of Boston, MA
Hello. I have been reading the threads about using a leaf blower to clean the stove. Where do you point the blower? From the termination end of the vent back towards the stove or from the tee cleanout up (I'm using vertical venting and a double tee and have room to point the blower straight up) to the termination. I know I will keep the stove door closed but I guess if I have an obnoxious neighbor I could ask him to stand in front and open the door just as I turn on the leaf blower. ==c Next rookie question. I ordered a Harman P43 which will be delivered in September. I've been reading the install information-almost every day-and noticed Harman recommends keeping the hearth pad one inch away from the wall. Why would they suggest that? Seems like a good place for spiders to hide. :oops: My last question has to do with stacking pellets. Most of the threads suggest moving a few bags and then drinking a beer. I'm thinking about buying a second refrigerator and wonder if there has been a ton to beer ratio devised. For example, if I buy one ton and have to move it by hand to the basement, will a small apartment size fridge hold the number of beer bottles required to complete the task;? Thank you in advance for all past favors

About the leaf blower, it must have vacuum capability. It is the vacuum part you use and you attach the vacuum end to the vent on the outside of your house and aim the blower end away from anything you care about as there will be a lot of very nasty ash coming out that part of the device.

I never drink beer while moving pellets, beer is a carbohydrate containing diuretic, and isn't recommended for hydration when doing physical exercise.

But after you have done the pellet moving and gotten some real hydration into you (like good ole water) a cold one is in order as you relax.

Heres my video, Dexter posted a while back.

Vertical termination, 2 story house.

Reactions: Defiant
Status
Not open for further replies.