Morristown NJ - scrounging alert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basswidow

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Milton GA
Sussex Avenue from Morristown to Randolph is littered with tons of trees along the side of the road for the taking. It's alittle far for me, and I am running out of room, but I saw lots of good stuff, ash, oak, etc.... I know, there's stuff down EVERYwhere.

Also - the town recycle center has a wood dump and they allow you to cut all you want for free - as long as it's for personal use. It's at the corner of Lake Rd, just past Bromleigh way. With all this storm damage, there's going to be plenty to cut there. This past saturday, I took a load of oak out. You can back right up to it, cut and load. Doesn't get any easier.

I take Sussex turnpike to work every day :)

I posted this in the morning and by evening - it was gone! Still alot around. Man Jersey has got some scroungers! Stuff doesn't sit for long!

I used to live almost right next to the recycling center, and still go out that way occassionally. Never knew if they would let you take wood out, but I never actually asked either. Good to know thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.