Motor clicking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly sorry for forgetting to mention this earlier !! Most every problem I had in my first year were things loosening up- such as the motor/auger setscrew connection. Have you tried checking tightness? Also, when I first got my stove and I spoke to tech support, the tech told me to loosen all the bearing block bolts, support the auger in the middle of the bore and tighten the bolts down. I actually went a little higher because it will settle. Due to the tolerances of these parts, you can sometimes move the bearing block rotationally 90 degrees at a time, and that will get you in the middle as well.

Bill

Just wanted to thank everyone (especially macman) for their input and help on this. I ended up replacing the auger motor and the stove is running like new again. It is heating better on medium now than it heated on high all season. The best sound is the sound of my oil furnace NOT running. Thanks fellows and take care! I'll still be on the forum from time to time.

Flem said:
Just wanted to thank everyone (especially macman) for their input and help on this. I ended up replacing the auger motor and the stove is running like new again. It is heating better on medium now than it heated on high all season. The best sound is the sound of my oil furnace NOT running. Thanks fellows and take care! I'll still be on the forum from time to time.

Your welcome Flem. Glad I could help a little, and glad your up and running again. BTW, what brand auger motor did you finally get?

Macman it's a Maxi-Torq. After I ordered it I noticed many positive comments on Avery-Gleason though. BTW, I have had very good luck with pelletstoveparts.com. They don't mess around with shipping. I ordered my motor priority mail from Portland, Oregon on Thursday afternoon and it was in my mailbox on Saturday. Last time I ordered a photo eye. They apparently overcharged me 20 cents. Next thing I know they mail me 20 cents taped to their business card. Excellent over the phone as well.

Flem said:
Macman it's a Maxi-Torq. After I ordered it I noticed many positive comments on Avery-Gleason though. BTW, I have had very good luck with pelletstoveparts.com. They don't mess around with shipping. I ordered my motor priority mail from Portland, Oregon on Thursday afternoon and it was in my mailbox on Saturday. Last time I ordered a photo eye. They apparently overcharged me 20 cents. Next thing I know they mail me 20 cents taped to their business card. Excellent over the phone as well.

Believe me, I am a person who values great service more than anything, so I'm glad you've had good luck with them.

That being said, the Gleason Avery auger motors are also about $45 less. Nice to have choices, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.