Mount Vernon AE Exhaust Blower Gasket Leaking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

victor

Hearth Supporter
Sep 11, 2008
Maryland
I replaced the exhaust blower gasket on my Mount Vernon AE insert and am having trouble with it leaking. I took out one of the orange gaskets I bought a few years ago, part number SRV7000-423 and replaced it with the new part number SRV7000-714. The gasket I took out (-423) only had six holes for the blower motor mounting studs. The new one (-714) has extra holes and from what I've read fits more than just the Mount Vernon. I tried two gaskets, yes I bought two of these things at ~$40 each, and both have the same problem. When the combustion chamber is filled with smoke right before the pellets ignite, smoke is leaking out where the studs are. I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong and it seems there's only one way to put the gasket on.

I'd like to find one of the discontinued SRV7000-423 gaskets. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't even replace the gasket. I just use High Temp Silicone.

If I remember right, there are two kinds of orange gaskets, the 423 is obsolete now, and they only supply the universal 714 The 423 is suppose to be reusable. Why did you replace it? And I have the 423 gaskets. The 714 should work fine on your stove if installed correctly. It only fits one way, one side. kap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.