Moving Air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Same placement - 6 to 12 inches from the doorway?

It's not to cold. I'm just cheap and hate to pay eversorce for electricity :)
I have my tower fan 6-10 feet inside the colder room, pointing at the doorway to the stove room. That's mostly because it's a good spot to keep it out of everyone's way. There's no way I could tolerate having to step around any fan, and certainly not an ugly loud box fan.

TE

Reactions: stoveliker
I just use a small 10” fan on low. I blow the cold air into the hot room. Works pretty good and not too breezy.

My sister had her small fan mounted in her double doorway top corner blowing towards the ceiling. That worked very nice and the fan breeze wasn’t even noticeable. It pushed the warm air off the ceiling and against the opposing wall. It really spread the heat out. I’ll probably do this when I can find a good way to mount the small fan.

Thats great that the fan worked. It will be different dealing with high ceilings, but it must have done the trick.

A small fan will probably work. Just keep in mind it may take up to a week for the air to displace the cooler air, find its circulation paths and warm other areas.