moving heat buck 2800

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WASPKFD

Nov 3, 2013
Iowa
heres something odd, well to me anyway... when I use a fan to draw the heat to the back room the temp drops by 8 deg.. ( in the back rooms). why is this,,, I would think it would create more heat?

I was seeing if I could get the back rooms warmer but after 2 weeks I get the same results???? thanx for any input....

There are so many variables in pressures, especially in older structures. Try different strategies and do what works best.

Try this trick. Do you have a table fan? Here is a trick for distributing the heat. It works quite well assuming that there is a line of sight path between the cooler area and the stove room. The idea is to blow the cooler air down at floor level, toward the stove. For more even heat in the house put a table or box fan in a cooler room within sight of the stove room, placed on the floor, pointing toward the woodstove room. Run it on low speed. It will blow the cooler air down low, toward the woodstove. The denser cool air will be replaced with lighter warm air from the stove room. Running this way you should notice at least a 5F increase in the room temp after about 30 minutes running. And the stove room temp should drop by a corresponding 5+ degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.