MS260 EBay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg That's a lot of chains and bars! I'd just as well buy one with one bar and one or maybe two loops. You'd have to figure out the length you would want. I think people bid up pro saws on eBay to where they get too much for them. I sold a MS 290 that was six years old in good shape for what the guy could had bought a new one for! I'll attach a screenshot of the auction ending he paid $344 for a six yo saw after shipping charges! I was thrilled but was a little surprised by it! Whatever....

Last edited:
Oh, no doubt folks get caught up in the clicks...just one more bid.

I also think that's a bit excessive. I'd prefer 1 bar length and a few chains for that rather than 3 different lengths.

If you have the budget it does look to be in really good shape but I would think that will go for well over $600 by the time the auction ends. I had the same 3 bar set up when I had my MS261 except I ran .325 rather than 3/8. An extra bar and chain is good to have with you when cutting in case you get your bar pinched.

If it was next year and I had the cash I would be interested. I will be getting a bigger saw next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.