Mt. Vernon AE "check ashpan" error.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil

Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2008
Ontario, where it's cold
Hi guy's! My Mt. Vernon AE is no longer giving this error. The ashpan is over filling and does not shut down. I beleive it has something with the auto clean feature on the stove but I can't locate what part of the arm would triger this warning. Any ideas?

not 100% sure on this one, but I think it has to do with motor position.

yes it does. Taking apart an autoclean system and motor is probably better left to a tech unless your real handy and pay close attention to how it comes apart. And then in order to get to the autoclean motor you have to remove the control board and convection blower. Last time I did it, it took about an hour to change the motor and in my experience the motors don't go bad that often. You say ashpan but do you mean the firepot or is the firepot dumping the fire into the ashpan and the feed system never shuts off while autocleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.