Mt Vernon AE cleaning question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caribfan

Feb 4, 2012
Southern Maine
I am doing annual DEEP cleaning for myself for the first time. Is there an oiling port on the exhaust blower?

images

Is seems to me that the 3 holes spaced evenly between the nuts are too big and would allow too much dust to enter the housing and gum-up the oil. The small silver tab on the outer diameter of the motor never aligns with a hole when I spin the motor. Is this meant to never be oiled? Oiling the blower motors is never mentioned in the owners manual. Generally I'm not smart enough to figure things out for myself but I follow instructions pretty well - my wife seems to like that. I'd like to hear from someone who has some input.

I never have oiled mine. I also never have removed the entire housing. If you just take the blower motor off you can buy a re useable gasket from Quad.

There is no mention of lubrication as part of routine maint on this stove. When I asked my dealer, he said the same thing.

I never have oiled mine. I also never have removed the entire housing. If you just take the blower motor off you can buy a re useable gasket from Quad.

Yep. Never seen someone remove the entire housing?

Just remove the 6 small screws and remove the blower and plate. Remove, clean, and reinstall.

Thanks for your replies. If no oiling is necessary then I guess I'm ready to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.