Mt Vernon AE startup sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinRidge

Sep 28, 2006
Pemberton, NJ
I think it's running great. DH is concerned about a noise-kind of a roaring-when the flame is first starting up-getting really high. (Like a roaring fire sound). It is kind of "loud"' for a few minutes then goes away. It's not the blower.
???
Ridgley

The roar is normal. It tends to go away once the firepot as some pellets in it. What your hearing is the air rushing through the holes in the firepot.

My kids used to gather around the stove to watch the moment of pellet ignition. Sometimes when all that volatile smoke ignites it can be pretty spectacular. Other times it just starts flaming. I knew how the stove ignited by listening for "cool, awesome" or "aw gees" coming from the livingroom.

MountainStoveGuy said:
The roar on start up is normal on AE and non AE quads.

Hey msg you realy know your s--t and help a lot of people on this site . It's nice to see a person helping
other people. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!!!

Thank you. :red:
Its great to be able to contribute to this site. There are lots of good people on here that know there stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.