muffler mod on a ms460...(!smokinjay!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackshot

Jan 15, 2011
Moosup ct
I am interested in modding my 460, probably just the muffler, any recomendations about how to do this, or should i try to buy one of these pre-modded covers( saw a guy makes them on the net somewhere).... also, this mod should keep the saw pretty reliable, right, obviously with the correct tuning? thanks!

Scott wojo makes a great 3/4 inch ss muff modd off ebay. I am running it because it has the screen in it, and I have no chance of pulling off ss. Been running it sence 2007. Easy Easy modd. and you will pick up around 10 percent on a stock 460. I think it was 50.00 with cover exchange. Tuning easy I have a link somewhere if you have an ok ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.