My eyes need your help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
I can use some advice here. My allergies have been killing me the last month or so. I never have eye issues but right about now I'm about to scratch them out. It has to be the dryness from my stove. I didn't have any problems last year. Any way I'm off to buy a humidifier first thing tomorrow. Any suggestions?

How big an area are you humidifying?

Wally World usually has a good assortment of humidifiers. I think the evaporating wick type are supposed to be better for whatever reason.

You sure its allergies? Do you have a CO detector?

How often are you cleaning your stove...and do you wear gloves?

Attachments

• Console humidifier.jpg
    Console humidifier.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: P38X2
This is what I use in the heating season.

www.iallergy.com/product_info.php?products_id=875

+1 and LOVE it for its humidification capabilities and ease of use. Fill it with a 5 gal bucket. The downside to these units are they're somewhat noisy and they look like they're straight outta the Brady family den....as in Bunch, not Tom. They're kinda hard to find in my area. My local WalMart no longer sells them, however, Sears and yer local hardware store probably does.

Ahhhh, a rich genuine faux rosewood finish version. Lol. Usually they have em on sale around this time. I paid $120 for mine. IIRC, mine is the 12 gal output version with one big tub in the bottom. Just pour out of the 5 gal into the top. The downside to this is it can splash a bit so keep that in mind if you have wood floors. Some, like in your link, have 2 jugs you fill at the sink.

Highly recommended over a table top version if you don't wanna fart around filling every 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.