My first stove, and started on a shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonhunter

Burning Hunk
Apr 16, 2012
newbrunswick canada
well as some of you know I have had quit the time with the local hearth store that I bought my stove from. First they said I could fit a PE super 27 but when they came and measured my fireplace they said the biggest stove I could fit was an enerzone 1.8. After paying for that stove and the install and everything the installer comes to my house with the enerzone and says that that stove aint gonna fit so he calls the guy who sold me the stove and he comes over and says were gonna have to go with a PE vista, and its gonna be an extra $150 im like what ever its not what I signed a contract or paid for but sure I can go with that. He tells me he has to go pick it up and he will be back in a half hour or so. 45 mins later the salesman shows up with the new stove. The installer goes and measures the PE vista and says that one aint gonna fit either, and says the only stove that will fit is the regency i1200 and he will be back in a week with the regency i1200. Finally after all this hassle I got my new stove installed and here are a couple pics. The shed is a copy of booydaves although not fully finished yet. Looking forward to starting my first fire in the insert. come on colder weather

Attachments

• rsz_shed_004.jpg
    rsz_shed_004.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 237
  • rsz_shed_005.jpg
    rsz_shed_005.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: zap
Quite a story salmonhunter. I have little patience for those type of people or business'. I'd have told the guy to leave for sure.

But am glad you got the thing in and ready to burn. Hope you have wood to fill that shed too. That is, dry wood and not something that you will purchase now. It is difficult the first year because wood sellers sell wood that has not been dried. Proof most times is because they split the wood just before delivery. Wood doesn't dry hardly at all until split. So if you are buying, look around a lot before you commit to buying.

Good luck.

Measure twice...handle stove once...

Reactions: fox9988
I'm glad things came together salmonhunter, will the shed be filled before winter?

Nice work, zap.

Looking good!

yea the shed will be filled soon hopefully I have around 5 cord stacked in the other corner of my back yard(been there since april). As for telling the guy to leave I really wanted to but he already had the liner installed and I had also paid for the stove up front. I wont be doing any more business with them though that's for sure. The shed wont have any side walls. Is there any secret on piling wood all the way up to the rafters in a shed? I know I have some stacks in my back yard that are only 5 feet high and some of them have managed to topple over. Im guessing since you put them all tightly packed they just manage to stay upright by leaning in on each other. or at least thats what Im hopping.

yea the shed will be filled soon hopefully I have around 5 cord stacked in the other corner of my back yard(been there since april). As for telling the guy to leave I really wanted to but he already had the liner installed and I had also paid for the stove up front. I wont be doing any more business with them though that's for sure. The shed wont have any side walls. Is there any secret on piling wood all the way up to the rafters in a shed? I know I have some stacks in my back yard that are only 5 feet high and some of them have managed to topple over. Im guessing since you put them all tightly packed they just manage to stay upright by leaning in on each other. or at least thats what Im hopping.

Did you try criss-crossing the ends of each stack. Some people lean their stacks against a tree or a pole. In a shed, you could lean them against the shed itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.